(a) An eligible offender is an adult offender who was convicted of a misdemeanor or a felony offense or is sentenced under the conditional discharge program as defined in G.S. 90-96 and meets any one of the following criteria:
(1) Received a nonincarcerative sentence of a community punishment.
(2) Received a nonincarcerative sentence of an intermediate punishment.
(3) Is serving a term of parole or post-release supervision after serving an active sentence of imprisonment.
(b) The priority populations for programs funded under this Subpart shall be as follows:
(1) Offenders convicted of a felony or offenders sentenced under G.S. 90-96 conditional discharge for a felony offense.
(2) Offenders identified by the Division of Adult Correction using a validated risk assessment instrument to have a high likelihood of reoffending and a moderate to high need for substance abuse treatment. (2011-145, s. 19.1(h); 2011-192, s. 6(b).)
Last modified: March 23, 2014