(a) It is the intent of the General Assembly that the mission of the residential school community is to challenge with high expectations each child to learn, to achieve, and to fulfill his or her potential.
(b) The following definitions apply in this Part:
(1) ABC's Program or Program. - The School-Based Management and Accountability Program developed by the State Board.
(2) Department. - The Department of Health and Human Services.
(3) Instructional personnel. - Assistant principals, teachers, instructional personnel, instructional support personnel, and teacher assistants employed in a residential school.
(4) Participating school. - A residential school that is required to participate in the ABC's Program.
(4a) Residential school. - A school operated by the Department of Health and Human Services that provides residential services to students. For the purposes of this Part, "residential school" does not include a school operated pursuant to Article 9C of Chapter 115C.
(5) Residential school personnel. - The individuals included in G.S. 143B-146.16(a)(2).
(6) Schools. - The residential schools under the control of the Secretary.
(7) Secretary. - The Secretary of Health and Human Services.
(8) State Board. - The State Board of Education.
(9) Repealed by Session Laws 2013-247, s. 5, effective July 3, 2013. (1998-131, s. 5; 2005-195, s. 1; 2013-247, s. 4.)
Sections: Previous 143B-139.5B 143B-139.5C 143B-139.6 143B-139.6A 143B-139.6B 143B-139.7 143B-142 through 143B-146 143B-146.1 143B-146.2 143B-146.3 143B-146.4 143B-146.5 143B-146.6 143B-146.7 143B-146.8 Next
Last modified: March 23, 2014