The North Carolina Board of Science and Technology of the Department of Commerce is created. The Board has the following powers and duties:
(1) To identify, and to support and foster the identification of, important research needs of both public and private agencies, institutions and organizations in North Carolina that relate to the State's economic growth and development;
(2) To make recommendations concerning policies, procedures, organizational structures and financial requirements that will promote effective use of scientific and technological resources in fulfilling the research needs identified and that will promote the economic growth and development of North Carolina;
(3) To allocate funds available to the Board to support research projects, to purchase research equipment and supplies, to construct or modify research facilities, to employ consultants, and for other purposes necessary or appropriate in discharging the duties of the Board;
(4) To advise and make recommendations to the Governor, the General Assembly, the Secretary of Commerce, and the Economic Development Board on the role of science and technology in the economic growth and development of North Carolina.
(5) Repealed by Session Laws 2009-451, s. 14.5(g), effective July 1, 2009. (1973, c. 1262, s. 77; 1977, c. 198, ss. 2, 26; 1979, c. 668, s. 1; 1985, c. 757, s. 179(a), (c); 2001-424, s. 7.6; 2001-486, s. 2.21; 2003-210, s. 1; 2005-276, s. 13.15; 2005-345, s. 25; 2009-451, s. 14.5(g).)
Sections: Previous 143B-445 143B-446 through 143B-447.1 143B-451 143B-452 through 143B-467 143B-472.2 through 143B-472.29 143B-472.35 143B-472.70 143B-472.80 143B-472.81 143B-472.100 143B-472.101 143B-472.102 143B-472.103 143B-472.104 143B-472.105 Next
Last modified: March 23, 2014