The Division of Adult Correction of the Department of Public Safety shall report by March 1 of each year to the Chairs of the Senate and House Appropriations Committees and the Chairs of the Senate and House Appropriations Subcommittees in Justice and Public Safety on their efforts to provide effective treatment to offenders with substance abuse problems. The report shall include:
(1) Details of any new initiatives and expansions or reduction of programs.
(2) Details on any treatment efforts conducted in conjunction with other departments.
(3) Utilization of the community-based programs at DART-Cherry and Black Mountain Substance Abuse Treatment Center for Women.
(4), (5) Repealed by Session Laws 2007-323, s. 17.3(a), effective July 1, 2007.
(6) Statistical information on the number of current inmates with substance abuse problems that require treatment, the number of treatment slots, the number who have completed treatment, and a comparison of available treatment slots to actual utilization rates. The report shall include this information for each DOC funded program.
(7) Evaluation of each substance abuse treatment program funded by the Division of Adult Correction of the Department of Public Safety. Evaluation measures shall include reduction in alcohol and drug dependency, improvements in disciplinary and infraction rates, recidivism (defined as return-to-prison rates), and other measures of the programs' success. (1998-212, s. 17.12(d); 2003-284, s. 16.19; 2007-323, s. 17.3(a); 2011-145, s. 19.1(h), (s); 2012-83, s. 51.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014