The Department of Public Safety shall report by October 1 of each year to the Chairs of the House of Representatives and Senate Appropriations Subcommittees on Justice and Public Safety, the Chairs of the Joint Legislative Oversight Committee on Justice and Public Safety, and the Fiscal Research Division of the Legislative Services Commission on the Youth Development Center (YDC) population, staffing, and capacity in the preceding fiscal year. Specifically, the report shall include all of the following:
(1) The on-campus population of each YDC, including the county the juveniles are from.
(2) The housing capacity of each YDC.
(3) A breakdown of staffing for each YDC, including number, type of position, position title, and position description.
(4) The per-bed and average daily population cost for each facility.
(5) The operating cost for each facility, including personnel and nonpersonnel items.
(6) A brief summary of the treatment model, education, services, and plans for reintegration into the community offered at each facility.
(7) The average length of stay in the YDCs.
(8) The number of incidents of assaults and attacks on staff at each facility. (2013-360, s. 16D.3.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014