As used in this Article:
(1) "Cooperative purchasing agreement" means an agreement between a vendor and one or more states or state agencies providing that the parties may collaboratively or collectively purchase information technology goods and services in order to increase economies of scale and reduce costs.
(1a) "Distributed information technology assets" means hardware, software, and communications equipment not classified as traditional mainframe-based items, including personal computers, local area networks (LANs), servers, mobile computers, peripheral equipment, and other related hardware and software items.
(2) "Information technology" means electronic data processing goods and services, telecommunications goods and services, security goods and services, microprocessors, software, information processing, office systems, any services related to the foregoing, and consulting or other services for design or redesign of information technology supporting business processes.
(3) "Information technology enterprise management" means a method for managing distributed information technology assets from acquisition through retirement so that total ownership costs (purchase, operation, maintenance, disposal, etc.) are minimized while maximum benefits are realized.
(4) "Information technology portfolio management" means a business-based approach for analyzing and ranking potential technology investments and selecting those investments that are the most cost-effective in supporting the strategic business and program objectives of the agency.
(5) "Office" means the Office of Information Technology Services as established in this Article.
(6) "State agency" means any department, institution, commission, committee, board, division, bureau, office, officer, or official of the State. The term does not include any State entity excluded from coverage under this Article by G.S. 147-33.80, unless otherwise expressly provided. (1999-434, s. 9; 2000-174, s. 2; 2001-424, s. 15.2(a); 2013-333, s. 1(a), (b); 2013-410, s. 24.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014