The following definitions apply in this Part:
(1) Authority. - A Facility Authority.
(2) Credit facility. - An agreement with a banking institution, an insurance institution, an investment institution, or other financial institution located inside or outside the United States of America that provides for prompt payment, whether at maturity, presentment, or tender for purchase, redemption, or acceleration, of part or all of the principal or purchase price, redemption premium, if any, and interest on a bond or note issued by the Authority and for repayment of the institution.
(3) Member. - A person appointed to a facility authority.
(4) Par formula. - A provision or formula to make periodic adjustments in the interest rate of a bond or note, including:
a. A provision for an adjustment to keep the purchase price of the bond or note in the open market as close to par as possible.
b. A provision for an adjustment based on one or more percentages of a prime rate or base rate that may vary or apply for specified periods of time.
c. Any other provision that does not materially and adversely affect the financial position of the Authority and the marketing of the bonds or notes at a reasonable interest cost to the Authority.
(5) Regional facility. - A facility consisting of an arena, coliseum, or other buildings or both, or areas where sports, fitness, health, recreational, entertainment, or cultural activities can be conducted. The facility may be composed of buildings grouped into complexes or separated from each other and may include ancillary support facilities, such as those for administration, sports science, sports medicine, training, museums, meeting rooms and conference centers, accommodations, parking, and food services. The facility should be designed to attract to the State as many major regional, national, and international tournaments, events, championships, training centers, training camps, and headquarters for the governance of various sports, associations, and events as possible. The regional facility shall be constructed on land owned by the State. (1995, c. 458, s. 1.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014