North Carolina General Statutes § 18B-806 Damaged alcoholic beverages

(a)        Owned by Local Board. - All damaged alcoholic beverages owned by a local board shall be destroyed, given to a public or private hospital for medicinal use only, or given to the Commission.

(b)        Not Owned by Local Board. - The Commission shall dispose of all damaged alcoholic beverages which are:

(1)        Owned by the Commission;

(2)        Damaged while in the State warehouse; or

(3)        Damaged while in transit between the State warehouse and a local board.

The Commission shall dispose of the alcoholic beverages by giving them to a public or private hospital for medicinal use only, by selling them to a military installation, or by destroying them.

(c)        Sale Procedure. - If damaged alcoholic beverages are sold under subsection (b), sale shall be by:

(1)        Advertisement for sealed bids;

(2)        Negotiated offer, advertisement and upset bids; or

(3)        Exchange.

Funds derived from the sale of damaged alcoholic beverages shall  be paid to the general fund of the State.

(d)       Records. - Local boards and the Commission shall keep detailed records of all disposals of damaged alcoholic beverages, including brand, quantity and disposition. (1981, c. 412, s. 2.)

Sections:  Previous  18B-706  18B-800  18B-801  18B-802  18B-803  18B-804  18B-805  18B-806  18B-807  18B-808  18B-900  18B-901  18B-902  18B-903  18B-904  Next

Last modified: March 23, 2014