Expenses of the Lottery may include any of the following:
(1) The costs incurred in operating and administering the Commission, including initial start-up costs.
(2) The costs resulting from any contracts entered into for the purchase or lease of goods or services required by the Commission.
(3) A transfer of one million dollars ($1,000,000) annually to the Department of Health and Human Services for gambling addiction education and treatment programs.
(4) The costs of supplies, materials, tickets, independent studies and audits, data transmission, advertising, promotion, incentives, public relations, communications, bonding for lottery game retailers, printing, and distribution of tickets and shares.
(5) The costs of reimbursing other governmental entities for services provided to the Commission.
(6) The costs for any other goods and services needed to accomplish the purposes of this Chapter. (2005-344, s. 1; 2005-276, s. 31.1(s).)
Last modified: March 23, 2014