In this Article:
(1) "Document" means information that is:
a. Inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form; and
b. Eligible to be recorded in the land records maintained by the register of deeds.
(2) "Electronic" means relating to technology having electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical, electromagnetic, or similar capabilities.
(3) "Electronic document" means a document that is received by the register of deeds in an electronic form.
(4) "Electronic signature" means an electronic sound, symbol, or process attached to or logically associated with a document and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the document.
(5) "Person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, public corporation, government, or governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity. (2005-391, s. 1.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014