(a) A foreign LLC authorized to transact business in this State shall obtain an amended certificate of authority from the Secretary of State if it changes either of the following:
(1) Its name.
(2) The jurisdiction of its organization.
(b) A foreign LLC may apply for an amended certificate of authority by delivering an application to the Secretary of State for filing that sets forth the following:
(1) The name of the foreign LLC and if different the name provided in the foreign LLC's certificate of authority that the foreign LLC is authorized to use to transact business in this State.
(2) The name of the jurisdiction under whose law it is organized.
(3) The date it was originally authorized to transact business in this State.
(4) A statement of the change or changes being made.
(c) Except for the content of the application, the requirements of G.S. 57D-7-03 for obtaining an original certificate of authority apply to obtaining an amended certificate under this section. (2013-157, s. 2.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014