(a) The Secretary of State may commence a proceeding under G.S. 57D-7-31 to revoke the certificate of authority of a foreign LLC authorized to transact business in this State if any of the following occurs:
(1) The foreign LLC is delinquent in delivering its annual report.
(2) The foreign LLC does not pay within 60 days after they are due any penalties, fees, or other payments due under this Chapter.
(3) The foreign LLC is without a registered agent or registered office in this State for 60 days or more.
(4) The foreign LLC does not inform the Secretary of State under G.S. 55D-31 or G.S. 55D-32 that its registered agent or registered office has changed, that its registered agent has resigned, or that its registered office has been discontinued within 60 days of the change, resignation, or discontinuance.
(5) A company official or agent of the foreign LLC signed a document that the company official or agent knew was false in any material respect with intent that the document be delivered to the Secretary of State for filing.
(6) The Secretary of State receives a duly authenticated certificate from the Secretary of State or other official having custody of the records of the limited liability companies in the state or country under whose law the foreign LLC is organized stating that it has been dissolved or merged into another entity.
(7) The foreign LLC is exceeding the authority conferred upon it by this Chapter.
(8) The foreign LLC knowingly fails or refuses to answer truthfully and fully within the time prescribed in this Chapter interrogatories propounded by the Secretary of State in accordance with the provisions of this Chapter.
(b) Nothing herein repeals or modifies any provision of the Revenue Act relating to the suspension of the certificate of authority of foreign LLCs for failure to comply with the provisions thereof. (2013-157, s. 2.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014