The following definitions apply in this Article:
(1) "Board" means the North Carolina On-Site Wastewater Contractors and Inspectors Certification Board.
(2) "Contractor" means a person who constructs, installs, or repairs, or offers to construct, install, or repair an on-site wastewater system in the State.
(3) "Conventional wastewater system" has the same meaning as in G.S. 130A-343(a)(3).
(4) "Department" means the Department of Health and Human Services.
(4a) "Inspection" means an examination of an on-site wastewater system permitted under the provisions of Article 11 of Chapter 130A of the General Statutes that satisfies all of the following criteria:
a. Is requested by a lending institution, realtor, prospective homebuyer, or other impacted party as a condition of sale, refinancing, or transfer of title.
b. Meets the minimum requirements established by the Board.
(5) "Inspector" means a person who conducts an inspection in accordance with rules adopted by the Board.
(6) "On-site wastewater system" means any wastewater system permitted under the provisions of Article 11 of Chapter 130A of the General Statutes that does not discharge to a treatment facility or the surface waters of the State.
(7) "Person" means all persons, including individuals, firms, partnerships, associations, public or private institutions, municipalities, or political subdivisions, governmental agencies, or private or public corporations organized and existing under the laws of this State or any other state or country.
(8) "Wastewater treatment facility" means a mechanical or chemical treatment facility serving a site with multiple wastewater sources. (2006-82, s. 1; 2010-31, s. 13.2(e); 2011-145, s. 13.3(ll).)
Last modified: March 23, 2014