The Board shall have the following general powers and duties:
(1) To adopt rules in the manner prescribed by Chapter 150B of the General Statutes to govern its actions and to implement the provisions of this Article.
(2) To determine the eligibility requirements for persons seeking certification pursuant to this Article.
(3) To establish grade levels of certifications based on design capacity, complexity, projected costs, and other features of approved on-site wastewater systems.
(4) To develop and administer examinations for specific grade levels of certification as approved by the Board. The Board may approve applications by recognized associations for certification of its members after a review of the requirements of the association to ensure that they are equivalent to the requirements of the Board.
(5) To issue, renew, deny, restrict, suspend, or revoke certifications and to carry out any of the other actions authorized by this Article.
(6) To establish, publish, and enforce rules of professional conduct of persons who are certified pursuant to this Article.
(7) To maintain a record of all proceedings and make available to persons certified under this Article, and to other concerned parties, an annual report of all Board action.
(8) To establish reasonable fees for application, certification, and renewal, and other services provided by the Board.
(9) To conduct investigations to determine whether violations of this Article or grounds for disciplining persons certified under this Article exist.
(10) To adopt a common seal containing the name of the Board for use on all certificates and official reports issued by the Board.
(10a) To employ staff necessary to carry out the provisions of this Article and to determine the compensation, duties, and other terms and conditions of employment of its staff.
(10b) To employ professional, clerical, investigative, or special personnel necessary to carry out the provisions of this Article.
(11) To conduct other services necessary to carry out the purposes of this Article. (2006-82, s. 1; 2010-31, s. 13.2(i).)
Last modified: March 23, 2014