(a) Fund Established. - The Employment Security Administration Fund is created as a special revenue fund. The fund consists of the following:
(1) Monies appropriated by this State.
(2) Monies received from the United States or another source for the administration of this Chapter.
(3) Monies received from any agency of the United States or any other state as compensation for services or facilities supplied to the agency or state.
(4) Monies received pursuant to any surety bond or insurance policy or from other sources for losses sustained by the Employment Security Administration Fund or by reason of damage to equipment or supplies purchased from monies in the fund.
(5) Proceeds realized from the sale or disposition of equipment or supplies purchased from monies in the fund.
(b) Use of Fund. - Monies in the Employment Security Administration Fund may be used by the Division only to administer this Chapter. Monies received in the fund from a source other than an appropriation by the General Assembly are appropriated for the purpose of administering this Chapter. The Secretary is authorized to requisition and receive from the State's account in the Unemployment Trust Fund any monies standing to the State's credit that are permitted by federal law to be used for administering this Chapter and to expend the monies for this purpose, without regard to a determination of necessity by a federal agency.
(c) Repealed by Session Laws 2013-2, s. 1(a), effective July 1, 2013.
(c1) Repealed by Session Laws 2004-124, s. 13.7B(b), effective July 20, 2004.
(d) through (g) Repealed by Session Laws 2013-2, s. 1(a), effective July 1, 2013. (Ex. Sess. 1936, c. 1, s. 13; 1941, c. 108, ss. 12, 13; 1947, c. 326, s. 5; c. 598, s. 1; 1949, c. 424, s. 2; 1951, c. 332, s. 18; 1953, c. 401, ss. 1, 5; 1977, c. 727, ss. 11-13; 1981, c. 160, s. 2; 1987, c. 17, ss. 1, 2; 1991, c. 689, s. 142; 1991, Ex. Sess., c. 6, s. 1; 1995 (Reg. Sess., 1996), c. 608, s. 2; 1996, 2nd Ex. Sess., c. 18, s. 26.6; 2004-124, s. 13.7B(b); 2005-276, s. 6.37(h); 2006-203, s. 22; 2011-401, s. 2.4; 2013-2, s. 1(a), (b); 2013-224, s. 19.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014