(A) No person, without privilege to do so, shall knowingly do any of the following:
(1) By force or threat, remove another from the place where the other person is found;
(2) By force or threat, restrain the liberty of another person under circumstances that create a risk of physical harm to the victim or place the other person in fear;
(3) Hold another in a condition of involuntary servitude.
(B) No person, with a sexual motivation, shall violate division (A) of this section.
(C) Whoever violates this section is guilty of abduction. A violation of division (A)(1) or (2) of this section or a violation of division (B) of this section involving conduct of the type described in division (A)(1) or (2) of this section is a felony of the third degree. A violation of division (A)(3) of this section or a violation of division (B) of this section involving conduct of the type described in division (A)(3) of this section is a felony of the second degree. If the offender in any case also is convicted of or pleads guilty to a specification as described in section 2941.1422 of the Revised Code that was included in the indictment, count in the indictment, or information charging the offense, the court shall sentence the offender to a mandatory prison term as provided in division (B)(7) of section 2929.14 of the Revised Code and shall order the offender to make restitution as provided in division (B)(8) of section 2929.18 of the Revised Code.
(D) As used in this section:
(1) "Involuntary servitude" has the same meaning as in section 2905.31 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Sexual motivation" has the same meaning as in section 2971.01 of the Revised Code.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.29, HB 86, §1, eff. 9/30/2011.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.58, SB 235, §1, eff. 3/24/2011.
Effective Date: 07-01-1996; 2007 SB10 01-01-2008; 2008 HB280 04-07-2009Section: 2905.01 2905.02 2905.03 2905.031 2905.04 2905.041 2905.05 2905.06-to-2905.10 2905.11 2905.12 2905.13-to-2905.20 2905.21 2905.22 2905.23 2905.24 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016