(A) No person, with purpose to obtain any valuable thing or valuable benefit or to induce another to do an unlawful act, shall do any of the following:
(1) Threaten to commit any felony;
(2) Threaten to commit any offense of violence;
(3) Violate section 2903.21 or 2903.22 of the Revised Code;
(4) Utter or threaten any calumny against any person;
(5) Expose or threaten to expose any matter tending to subject any person to hatred, contempt, or ridicule, or to damage any person's personal or business repute, or to impair any person's credit.
(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of extortion, a felony of the third degree.
(C) As used in this section, "threat" includes a direct threat and a threat by innuendo.
Effective Date: 07-01-1996Section: Previous 2905.02 2905.03 2905.031 2905.04 2905.041 2905.05 2905.06-to-2905.10 2905.11 2905.12 2905.13-to-2905.20 2905.21 2905.22 2905.23 2905.24 2905.25-to-2905.30 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016