(A) The department of health shall establish the help me grow program to encourage early prenatal and well-baby care, provide parenting education to promote the comprehensive health and development of children, and provide early intervention services in accordance with part C of the "Individuals with Disabilities Education Act," 118 Stat. 2744 (2004), 20 U.S.C. 1431 et seq. The program shall include the following services:
(1) Home visiting services to families with a pregnant woman or an infant or toddler under three years of age who meet the eligibility requirements established in rules adopted under this section;
(2) Part C early intervention services to infants and toddlers under three years of age who meet the eligibility requirements established in rules adopted under this section.
(B) The director of health may enter into an interagency agreement with one or more state agencies to implement the help me grow program and ensure coordination of early childhood programs.
(C) The director may distribute help me grow program funds through contracts, grants, or subsidies to entities providing services under the program.
(D) To the extent funds are available, the department shall establish a system of payment to providers of home visiting and part C early intervention services.
(E) As a condition of receiving payments for home visiting services, providers shall report to the director data on the program performance indicators that are used to assess progress toward achieving the goals of the program. The report shall include data on the performance indicator of birth outcomes, including risk indicators of low birth weight and preterm births, and data on all other performance indicators specified in rules adopted under this section. The providers shall report the data in the format and within the time frames specified in the rules.
The director shall prepare an annual report on the data received from the providers.
(F) Pursuant to Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, the director shall adopt rules that are necessary and proper to implement this section. The rules shall specify all of the following:
(1) Eligibility requirements for home visiting services and part C early intervention services;
(2) Eligibility requirements for providers of home visiting services and providers of part C early intervention services;
(3) Standards and procedures for the provision of program services, including data collection, program monitoring, and program evaluation;
(4) Procedures for appealing the denial of an application for program services or the termination of services;
(5) Procedures for appealing the denial of an application to become a provider of program services or the termination of the department's approval of a provider;
(6) Procedures for addressing complaints;
(7) The program performance indicators on which data must be reported by providers of home visiting services under division (E) of this section, which, to the extent possible, shall be consistent with federal reporting requirements for federally funded home visiting services;
(8) The format in which reports must be submitted under division (E) of this section and the time frames within which the reports must be submitted;
(9) Criteria for payment of approved providers of program services;
(10) Any other rules necessary to implement the program.
(G) A family enrolled in the help me grow at-risk program on the effective date of this amendment shall be eligible for at-risk services until December 31, 2013, or until the eligible child reaches three years of age, whichever occurs first.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.
Effective Date: 09-26-2003Section: Previous 3701.57 3701.571 3701.58 3701.59 3701.60 3701.601 3701.602 3701.61 3701.611 3701.62 3701.63 3701.64 3701.65 3701.66 3701.67 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016