(A) A copy of the shaken baby syndrome educational materials developed under section 3701.63 of the Revised Code shall be distributed in the following manner:
(1) By child birth educators and the staff of obstetricians' offices, to an expectant parent who uses their services;
(2) By the staff of pediatric physicians' offices, to any of the following who use their services: an infant's parent, guardian, or other person responsible for the infant;
(3) By the staff of a hospital or freestanding birthing center , to an infant's parent, guardian, or other person responsible for the infant, before the child is discharged from the facility to the infant's residence following birth;
(4) By the staff of the help me grow program established pursuant to section 3701.61 of the Revised Code, to an infant's parent, guardian, or other person responsible for the infant, during home-visiting services conducted in accordance with that section;
(5) By each child care facility operating in this state, to each of its employees;
(6) By a public children services agency, when the agency has initial contact with an infant's parent, guardian, or other person responsible for the infant.
(B) An entity or person required to distribute educational materials pursuant to division (A) of this section is not liable for damages in a civil action for injury, death, or loss to person or property that allegedly arises from an act or omission associated with the dissemination of those educational materials unless the act or omission constitutes willful or wanton misconduct.
An entity or person required to distribute educational materials in accordance with division (A) of this section is not subject to criminal prosecution or, to the extent that a person is regulated under Title XLVII of the Revised Code, professional disciplinary action under that title, for an act or omission associated with the dissemination of those educational materials.
This division does not eliminate, limit, or reduce any other immunity or defense that an entity or person may be entitled to under Chapter 2744. of the Revised Code, or any other provision of the Revised Code, or the common law of this state.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, SB 276, §1, eff. 3/19/2015.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 394, §1, eff. 3/19/2015.
Effective Date: 2007 SB144 02-29-2008Section: Previous 3701.60 3701.601 3701.602 3701.61 3701.611 3701.62 3701.63 3701.64 3701.65 3701.66 3701.67 3701.68 3701.69 3701.70 3701.701 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016