(A) No person who holds a commercial driver's license or commercial driver's license temporary instruction permit or who operates a motor vehicle for which a commercial driver's license or permit is required shall do any of the following:
(1) Drive a commercial motor vehicle while having a measurable or detectable amount of alcohol or of a controlled substance in the person's blood, breath, or urine;
(2) Drive a commercial motor vehicle while having an alcohol concentration of four-hundredths of one per cent or more by whole blood or breath;
(3) Drive a commercial motor vehicle while having an alcohol concentration of forty-eight-thousandths of one per cent or more by blood serum or blood plasma;
(4) Drive a commercial motor vehicle while having an alcohol concentration of fifty-six-thousandths of one per cent or more by urine;
(5) Drive a motor vehicle while under the influence of a controlled substance;
(6) Drive a motor vehicle in violation of section 4511.19 of the Revised Code or a municipal OVI ordinance as defined in section 4511.181 of the Revised Code;
(7) Use a motor vehicle in the commission of a felony;
(8) Refuse to submit to a test under section 4506.17 or 4511.191 of the Revised Code;
(9) Operate a commercial motor vehicle while the person's commercial driver's license or permit or other commercial driving privileges are revoked, suspended, canceled, or disqualified;
(10) Cause a fatality through the negligent operation of a commercial motor vehicle, including, but not limited to, the offenses of aggravated vehicular homicide, vehicular homicide, and vehicular manslaughter;
(11) Fail to stop after an accident in violation of sections 4549.02 to 4549.03 of the Revised Code;
(12) Drive a commercial motor vehicle in violation of any provision of sections 4511.61 to 4511.63 of the Revised Code or any federal or local law or ordinance pertaining to railroad-highway grade crossings;
(13) Use a motor vehicle in the commission of a felony involving the manufacture, distribution, or dispensing of a controlled substance as defined in section 3719.01 of the Revised Code or the possession with intent to manufacture, distribute, or dispense a controlled substance.
(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 53, §101.01, eff. 7/1/2015.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.71, HB 337, §1, eff. 1/27/2012.
Effective Date: 01-01-2004; 03-29-2005Section: Previous 4506.10 4506.101 4506.11 4506.12 4506.13 4506.131 4506.14 4506.15 4506.16 4506.161 4506.17 4506.18 4506.19 4506.20 4506.21 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016