(A) Each employer shall require every applicant for employment as a driver of a commercial motor vehicle to provide the applicant's employment history for the ten years preceding the date the employment application is submitted to the prospective employer. The following information shall be submitted:
(1) A list of the names and addresses of the applicant's previous employers for which the applicant was the operator of a commercial motor vehicle;
(2) The dates the applicant was employed by these employers;
(3) The reason for leaving each of these employers.
(B) No employer shall knowingly permit or authorize any driver employed by the employer to drive a commercial motor vehicle during any period in which any of the following apply:
(1) The driver's commercial driver's license is suspended, revoked, or canceled by any state or a foreign jurisdiction;
(2) The driver has lost the privilege to drive, or currently is disqualified from driving, a commercial motor vehicle in any state or foreign jurisdiction;
(3) The driver, the commercial motor vehicle the driver is driving, or the motor carrier operation is subject to an out-of-service order in any state or foreign jurisdiction;
(4) The driver has more than one driver's license.
(C) No employer shall knowingly permit or authorize a driver to operate a commercial motor vehicle in violation of section 4506.15 of the Revised Code.
(D) No employer shall knowingly permit or authorize a driver to operate a commercial motor vehicle if the driver does not hold a valid, current commercial driver's license or commercial driver's license temporary instruction permit bearing the proper class or endorsements for the vehicle. No employer shall knowingly permit or authorize a driver to operate a commercial motor vehicle in violation of the restrictions on the driver's commercial driver's license or commercial driver's license temporary instruction permit.
(1) Whoever violates division (A) , (B), or (D) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree.
(2) Whoever violates division (C) of this section may be assessed a fine not to exceed ten thousand dollars.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 53, §101.01, eff. 7/1/2015.
Effective Date: 01-01-2004; 03-29-2005Section: Previous 4506.14 4506.15 4506.16 4506.161 4506.17 4506.18 4506.19 4506.20 4506.21 4506.22 4506.23 4506.24 4506.25 4506.26 4506.99 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016