(1) No person shall possess a portable signal preemption device.
(2) No person shall use a portable signal preemption device to affect the operation of the traffic control signal.
(B) Division (A)(1) of this section does not apply to any of the following persons and division (A)(2) of this section does not apply to any of the following persons when responding to an emergency call:
(1) A peace officer, as defined in division (A)(1), (12), (14), or (19) of section 109.71 of the Revised Code;
(2) A state highway patrol trooper;
(3) A person while occupying a public safety vehicle as defined in division (E)(1), (3), or (4) of section 4511.01 of the Revised Code.
(C) Whoever violates division (A)(1) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. Whoever violates division (A)(2) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree.
(D) As used in this section, "portable signal preemption device" means a device that, if activated by a person, is capable of changing a traffic control signal to green out of sequence.
Effective Date: 03-23-2005Section: Previous 4511.01 4511.011 4511.02 4511.03 4511.031 4511.04 4511.041 4511.042 4511.043 4511.05 4511.051 4511.06 4511.07 4511.071 4511.08 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016