(A) The state board of pharmacy shall not register any person as a wholesale distributor of dangerous drugs unless the applicant for registration furnishes satisfactory proof to the board that the applicant meets all of the following:
(1) If the applicant has been convicted of a violation of any federal, state, or local law relating to drug samples, wholesale or retail drug distribution, or distribution of controlled substances or of a felony, or if a federal, state, or local governmental entity has suspended or revoked any current or prior license or registration of the applicant for the manufacture or sale of any dangerous drugs, including controlled substances, the applicant, to the satisfaction of the board, assures that the applicant has in place adequate safeguards to prevent the recurrence of any such violations .
(2) The applicant's past experience in the manufacture or distribution of dangerous drugs, including controlled substances, is acceptable to the board.
(3) The applicant is equipped as to land, buildings, equipment, and personnel to properly carry on the business of a wholesale distributor of dangerous drugs, including providing adequate security for and proper storage conditions and handling for dangerous drugs, and is complying with the requirements under this chapter and the rules adopted pursuant thereto for maintaining and making available records to properly identified board officials and federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies.
(4) Personnel employed by the applicant have the appropriate education or experience, as determined by the board, to assume responsibility for positions related to compliance with this chapter and the rules adopted pursuant thereto.
(5) The applicant has designated the name and address of a person to whom communications from the board may be directed and upon whom the notices and citations provided for in section 4729.56 of the Revised Code may be served.
(6) Adequate safeguards are assured to prevent the sale of dangerous drugs to any person other than those named in division (B) of section 4729.51 of the Revised Code.
(7) Any other requirement or qualification the board, by rule adopted in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, considers relevant to and consistent with the public safety and health.
(B) In addition to the causes described in section 4729.56 of the Revised Code for refusing to grant or renew a registration certificate, the board may refuse to register or renew the registration certificate of any person if the board determines that the granting of the registration certificate or its renewal is not in the public interest.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Effective Date: 07-01-1992Section: Previous 4729.43 4729.44 4729.50 4729.51 4729.51-2 4729.511 4729.52 4729.53 4729.531 4729.532 4729.54 4729.541 4729.55 4729.551 4729.552 Next
Last modified: October 10, 2016