(1) A person challenging a jury panel under ORS 136.005 or ORCP 57 A who seeks jury records that are confidential under ORS 10.215 must include a request for access to the confidential records in the motion challenging the jury panel. The motion and supporting affidavit must be served on the trial court administrator and the State Court Administrator. The request must:
(a) Specify the purpose for which the jury records are sought; and
(b) Identify with particularity the relevant jury records sought to be released including the type and time period of the records.
(2) The court may order release of the jury records if the court finds that:
(a) The jury records sought are likely to produce evidence relevant to the motion; and
(b) Production of the jury records is not unduly burdensome.
(3) An order under subsection (2) of this section may include, but need not be limited to:
(a) A requirement that the moving party provide advance payment to the trial court administrator and, if applicable, the State Court Administrator for the reasonable costs of providing copies of the jury records; and
(b) Restrictions on further disclosure of the jury records including, but not limited to:
(A) A requirement that the moving party return all originals and copies to the court at the conclusion of the proceeding;
(B) A requirement that the jury records may be used only for the purpose of supporting the jury panel challenge made in the motion;
(C) A prohibition against distributing the jury records to a person who is not an agent or representative of the moving party; and
(D) A prohibition against contacting or attempting to contact the persons whose names appear on the jury records without specific authorization of the court.
(4) The trial court administrator or the State Court Administrator may intervene at any time as a matter of right as to any issues relating to the release of jury records under this section.
(5) The procedure established by this section is the exclusive means for compelling production of confidential jury records as evidence relevant to a challenge to a jury panel under ORS 136.005 or ORCP 57 A. [2001 c.779 §16]Section: Previous 10.240 10.245 10.250 10.255 10.260 10.265 10.270 10.275 10.280 10.290 10.300 10.310 10.320 10.330 10.340 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008