Oregon Statutes - Chapter 105 - Property Rights - Section 105.245 - Sale or partition ordered by court.

If it is alleged in the complaint and established by evidence, or if it appears by the evidence to the satisfaction of the court without an allegation in the complaint, that the property or any part of it is so situated that partition cannot be made without great prejudice to the owners, the court may order a sale of the property, and for that purpose may appoint one or more referees. Otherwise, upon the requisite proofs being made, it shall enter a judgment requiring a partition according to the respective rights of the parties, as ascertained by the court. The court shall appoint three referees to partition the property and shall designate the portion to remain undivided for the owners whose interest remain unknown or not ascertained. [Amended by 2003 c.576 §362]

Section:  Previous  105.210  105.215  105.220  105.225  105.230  105.235  105.240  105.245  105.250  105.255  105.260  105.265  105.270  105.275  105.280  Next

Last modified: August 7, 2008