(1) A court of this state may communicate with a court in another state concerning a proceeding arising under ORS 109.701 to 109.834.
(2) The court may allow the parties to participate in the communication. If the parties are not able to participate in the communication, they must be given the opportunity to present facts and legal arguments before a decision on jurisdiction is made.
(3) Communication between courts on schedules, calendars, court records and similar matters may occur without informing the parties. A record need not be made of the communication.
(4) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (3) of this section, a record must be made of a communication under this section. The parties must be informed promptly of the communication and granted access to the record.
(5) For the purposes of this section, “record” means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form. [1999 c.649 §10]
Note: See note under 109.701.Section: Previous 109.714 109.717 109.720 109.721 109.724 109.727 109.730 109.731 109.734 109.737 109.740 109.741 109.744 109.747 109.750 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008