A summons in a violation citation is sufficient if it contains the following:
(1) The name of the court, the name of the person cited, the date on which the citation was issued, the name of the enforcement officer issuing the citation, and the time and place at which the person cited is to appear in court.
(2) A statement or designation of the violation that can be readily understood by a person making a reasonable effort to do so and the date, time and place at which the violation is alleged to have been committed.
(3) A notice to the person cited that a complaint will be filed with the court based on the violation.
(4) The amount of the base fine, if any, fixed for the violation.
(5) A statement notifying the person that a monetary judgment may be entered against the person for up to the maximum amount of fines, assessments, restitution and other costs allowed by law for the violation if the person fails to make all required appearances at the proceedings. [1999 c.1051 §15]Section: Previous 153.030 153.033 153.036 153.039 153.042 153.045 153.048 153.051 153.054 153.058 153.061 153.064 153.070 153.073 153.076 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008