(1) Upon request of any party to a hearing before the board, the board or its designated representatives shall issue, or the board on its own motion may issue, subpoenas requiring the attendance and testimony of witnesses.
(2) Upon request of any party to the hearing before the board and upon a proper showing of the general relevance and reasonable scope of the documentary or physical evidence sought, the board or its designated representative shall issue, or the board on its own motion may issue, subpoenas duces tecum.
(3) Witnesses appearing under subpoenas, other than the parties or state officers or employees, shall receive fees and mileage as prescribed by law for witnesses in ORS 44.415 (2). If the board or its designated representative certifies that the testimony of a witness was relevant and material, any person who has paid fees and mileage to that witness shall be reimbursed by the board.
(4) If any person fails to comply with a subpoena issued under subsections (1) or (2) of this section or any party or witness refuses to testify regarding any matter on which the party or witness may be lawfully interrogated, the judge of the circuit court of any county, on the application of the board or its designated representative or of the party requesting the issuance of the subpoena, shall compel obedience by proceedings for contempt as in the case of disobedience of the requirements of a subpoena issued by the court.
(5) If any person, agency or facility fails to comply with an order of the board issued pursuant to subsection (2) of this section, the judge of a circuit court of any county, on application of the board or its designated representative, shall compel obedience by proceedings for contempt as in the case of disobedience of the requirements of an order issued by the court. Contempt for disobedience of an order of the board shall be punishable by a fine of $100. [1977 c.380 §9; 1989 c.980 §8]
Note: 161.395 was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 161 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.Section: Previous 161.365 161.370 161.375 161.380 161.385 161.387 161.390 161.395 161.397 161.400 161.403 161.405 161.425 161.430 161.435 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008