As used in ORS 164.276 and 164.278:
(1) “Coach” means a person who instructs or trains members of a team or directs the strategy of a team participating in a sports event.
(2) “Inappropriate behavior” means:
(a) Engaging in fighting or in violent, tumultuous or threatening behavior;
(b) Violating the rules of conduct governing coaches, team players and spectators at a sports event;
(c) Publicly insulting another person by abusive words or gestures in a manner intended to provoke a violent response; or
(d) Intentionally subjecting another person to offensive physical contact.
(3) “Premises” has the meaning given that term in ORS 164.205.
(4) “Spectator” means any person, other than a team player or coach, who attends a sports event.
(5) “Sports official” has the meaning given that term in ORS 30.882. [2003 c.629 §1]
Note: 164.274 to 164.278 were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 164 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.Section: Previous 164.245 164.250 164.255 164.260 164.265 164.270 164.272 164.274 164.276 164.278 164.305 164.310 164.315 164.320 164.325 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008