If no person has been appointed as a personal representative under ORS chapter 113 or a person appointed as a personal representative under ORS chapter 113 has been discharged, the personal representative of a deceased individual shall be the first of the following persons, in the following order, who can be located upon reasonable effort by the covered entity and who is willing to serve as the personal representative:
(1) A person appointed as guardian under ORS 125.305, 419B.370, 419C.481 or 419C.555 with authority to make medical and health care decisions at the time of the individualís death.
(2) The individualís spouse.
(3) An adult designated in writing by the persons listed in this section, if no person listed in this section objects to the designation.
(4) A majority of the adult children of the individual who can be located.
(5) Either parent of the individual or an individual acting in loco parentis to the individual.
(6) A majority of the adult siblings of the individual who can be located.
(7) Any adult relative or adult friend. [2005 c.253 §3]
Note: See note under 192.518.Section: Previous 192.519 192.520 192.521 192.522 192.523 192.524 192.525 192.526 192.527 192.528 192.529 192.530 192.531 192.533 192.535 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008