(1) A city or district that provides an urban service may annex territory under ORS 195.020, 195.060 to 195.085, 195.205 to 195.235, 197.005, 197.319, 197.320, 197.335 and 223.304 that:
(a) Is situated within an urban growth boundary; and
(b) Is contained within an annexation plan adopted pursuant to ORS 195.020, 195.060 to 195.085, 195.205 to 195.235, 197.005, 197.319, 197.320, 197.335 and 223.304.
(2) A city or district may submit an annexation plan to a vote under subsection (5) of this section only if, prior to the submission of the annexation plan to a vote:
(a) The territory contained in the annexation plan is subject to urban service agreements among all appropriate counties and cities and the providers of urban services within the territory, as required by ORS 195.065 and 195.070, and:
(A) Such urban service agreements were in effect on November 4, 1993; or
(B) They expressly state that they may be relied upon as a prerequisite of the annexation method authorized by ORS 195.020, 195.060 to 195.085, 195.205 to 195.235, 197.005, 197.319, 197.320, 197.335 and 223.304; and
(b) The territory contained in the annexation plan is subject to an agreement between the city and county addressing fiscal impacts, if the annexation is by a city and will cause reductions in the county property tax revenues by operation of section 11b, Article XI of the Oregon Constitution.
(3) Prior to adopting an annexation plan, the governing body of a city or district shall hold a public hearing at which time interested persons may appear and be heard on the question of establishing the annexation plan.
(4) The governing body of the city or district shall cause notice of the hearing to be published, once each week for two successive weeks prior to the day of the hearing, in a newspaper of general circulation in the city or district.
(5) If after the public hearing required under subsection (3) of this section, the governing body of the city or district decides to proceed with the annexation plan, it shall cause the annexation plan to be submitted to the electors of the city or district and to the electors of the territory proposed to be annexed under the annexation plan. The proposed annexation plan may be voted upon at a general election or at a special election to be held for that purpose. [1993 c.804 §13]Section: Previous 195.120 195.125 195.137 195.139 195.141 195.143 195.145 195.205 195.210 195.215 195.220 195.225 195.235 195.250 195.253 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008