(1) The Legislative Assembly finds that Oregonís parks are special places and the protection of parks for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations is a matter of statewide concern.
(2) The Land Conservation and Development Commission, in cooperation with the State Parks and Recreation Commission and representatives of local government, shall adopt rules and land use planning goal amendments as necessary to provide for:
(a) Allowable uses in state and local parks that have adopted master plans;
(b) Local government planning necessary to implement state park master plans; and
(c) Coordination and dispute resolution among state and local agencies regarding planning and activities in state parks.
(3) Rules and goal amendments adopted under subsection (2) of this section shall provide for the following uses in state parks:
(a) Campgrounds, day use areas and supporting infrastructure, amenities and accessory visitor service facilities designed to meet the needs of park visitors;
(b) Recreational trails and boating facilities;
(c) Facilities supporting resource-interpretive and educational activities for park visitors;
(d) Park maintenance workshops, staff support facilities and administrative offices;
(e) Uses that directly support resource-based outdoor recreation; and
(f) Other park uses adopted by the Land Conservation and Development Commission.
(4) A local government shall not be required to adopt an exception under ORS 197.732 from a land use planning goal protecting agriculture or forestry resources to authorize a use identified by rule of the Land Conservation and Development Commission under this section in a state or local park.
(5) A local government shall comply with the provisions of ORS 215.296 for all uses and activities proposed in or adjacent to an exclusive farm use zone described in the state or local master plan as adopted by the local government and made a part of its comprehensive plan and land use regulation. [1997 c.604 §3]Section: Previous 195.065 195.070 195.075 195.080 195.085 195.110 195.115 195.120 195.125 195.137 195.139 195.141 195.143 195.145 195.205 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008