For the purposes of ORS 223.810, a city may finance the parking facilities by any one or any combination of the following methods:
(1) General obligation bonds within the legal debt limitations, or revenue bonds payable primarily or solely out of revenue from parking facilities in such amounts, at such rate of interest, and upon such conditions as may be prescribed by the legislative authority of the city.
(2) Special or benefit assessments equal to the actual costs of the parking facilities, or a portion thereof, such assessment to be levied against property benefited in proportion to the benefit derived, the amount of such assessment to be determined in accordance with special assessment practices for local improvements as now or hereafter prescribed by the ordinances or charter provisions of the city.
(3) Parking fees, special charges or other revenue derived from the use of off-street parking facilities by motorists, lessees, concessionaires, commercial enterprises or others.
(4) General fund appropriations.
(5) State or federal grants or local aids.
(6) Parking meter revenues.
(7) General property taxes, or gift, bequest, devise, grant or otherwise.
(8) For any city under 300,000 according to the latest federal decennial census, a reasonable annual fee on the privilege of occupying real property within the city or a district of the city to carry on a business, occupation, profession or trade. In levying the fee, the governing body shall take into consideration the unmet off-street parking requirements of such business. The proceeds of the fee, less refunds and costs of collection, shall be used solely for the purposes of ORS 223.805 to 223.845. The fee is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other tax, assessment or fee required by state or local law or ordinance. [Amended by 1959 c.653 §9; 1967 c.380 §1; 1969 c.380 §1; 1991 c.902 §89]Section: Previous 223.770 223.775 223.785 223.805 223.810 223.815 223.820 223.825 223.830 223.835 223.840 223.845 223.849 223.850 223.851 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008