(1) There is created in the Oregon Department of Administrative Services the Public Employees’ Benefit Board consisting of eight voting members and two members of the Legislative Assembly as nonvoting advisory members. Two of the voting members are ex officio members and six are appointed by the Governor. The voting members shall be:
(a) Four members representing the state as an employer and management employees, who shall be as follows:
(A) The Director of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services or a designee of the director;
(B) The Administrator of the Office for Oregon Health Policy and Research or a designee of the administrator; and
(C) Two management employees appointed by the Governor from areas of state government other than the Oregon Department of Administrative Services or the Office for Oregon Health Policy and Research; and
(b) Four members appointed by the Governor and representing nonmanagement representable employees, who shall be as follows:
(A) Two persons from the largest employee representative unit;
(B) One person from the second largest employee representative unit; and
(C) One person from representable employees not represented by employee representative units described in subparagraphs (A) and (B) of this paragraph.
(2) One member of the Senate shall be appointed by the President of the Senate and one member of the House of Representatives shall be appointed by the Speaker of the House to serve as nonvoting advisory members.
(3) The term of office of each appointed voting member is four years, but an appointed voting member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a voting member appointed by the Governor, the Governor shall appoint a successor to take office upon the date of that expiration. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(4) The appointments by the Governor of voting members of the board are subject to confirmation by the Senate in the manner prescribed in ORS 171.562 and 171.565.
(5) Members of the board who are not members of the Legislative Assembly shall receive no compensation for their services, but shall be paid for their necessary and actual expenses while on official business in accordance with ORS 292.495. Members of the board who are members of the Legislative Assembly shall be paid compensation and expense reimbursement as provided in ORS 171.072, payable from funds appropriated to the Legislative Assembly. [1997 c.222 §1]
Note: 243.061 and 243.066 were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 243 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.Section: Previous 243.030 243.035 243.040 243.045 243.050 243.055 243.060 243.061 243.066 243.070 243.105 243.107 243.110 243.115 243.120 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008