(1) The Public Employees’ Benefit Board shall prescribe rules for the conduct of its business. The board shall study all matters connected with the providing of adequate benefit plan coverage for eligible state employees on the best basis possible with relation both to the welfare of the employees and to the state. The board shall design benefits, devise specifications, analyze carrier responses to advertisements for bids and decide on the award of contracts. Contracts shall be signed by the chairperson on behalf of the board.
(2) In carrying out its duties under subsection (1) of this section, the goal of the board shall be to provide a high quality plan of health and other benefits for state employees at a cost affordable to both the employer and the employees.
(3) Subject to ORS chapter 183, the board may make rules not inconsistent with ORS 243.105 to 243.285 and 292.051 to determine the terms and conditions of eligible employee participation and coverage.
(4) The board shall prepare specifications, invite bids and do acts necessary to award contracts for health benefit plan and dental benefit plan coverage of eligible employees in accordance with the criteria set forth in ORS 243.135 (1).
(5) The board may retain consultants, brokers or other advisory personnel when necessary and, subject to the State Personnel Relations Law, shall employ such personnel as are required to perform the functions of the board. [1971 c.527 §3; 1975 c.560 §1; 1975 c.667 §1a; 1983 c.640 §2; 1987 c.879 §9; 1997 c.222 §29; 2001 c.655 §5]Section: Previous 243.066 243.070 243.105 243.107 243.110 243.115 243.120 243.125 243.130 243.135 243.140 243.145 243.155 243.157 243.160 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008