(1) The Public Employees Retirement Board shall administer the state deferred compensation plan described in ORS 243.401 to 243.507 on behalf of the state for the benefit of eligible state employees.
(2) All assets of the state deferred compensation plan are held in trust for the exclusive benefit of the state plan participants and their beneficiaries. Except as otherwise provided by law, the Public Employees Retirement Board is declared to be the trustee of the assets of the state deferred compensation plan.
(3) The State of Oregon has no proprietary interest in the assets of the state deferred compensation plan or in payments of deferred compensation made to the plan by state plan participants. The state disclaims any right to reclaim payments made to the plan and waives any right of reclamation the state may have to the plan assets. This subsection does not limit the ability of the board to alter or refund an erroneously made employer payment.
(4) All moneys paid into the plan shall be deposited into the Deferred Compensation Fund.
(5) The assets of the state deferred compensation plan that are held in the Deferred Compensation Fund may be used only for the payment of benefits under the plan and for payment of expenses or refund liabilities incurred by the system in administration of the state deferred compensation plan.
(6) If the board determines that a state plan participant or any other person has received any amount in excess of the amounts that the participant or other person is entitled to receive under ORS 243.401 to 243.507, the board may recover the overpayment or other improperly paid amount in the same manner as provided for the recovery of overpayments from the Public Employees Retirement Fund under ORS 238.715.
(7) A state plan participant may not assign, anticipate, alienate, sell, transfer, pledge or in any way encumber any of the rights a participant may have under the state deferred compensation plan, and the state shall reject and refuse to honor any such purported action with respect to those rights. [1997 c.179 §8]Section: Previous 243.411 243.416 243.420 243.421 243.426 243.428 243.430 243.435 243.440 243.445 243.450 243.460 243.465 243.470 243.472 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008