(1) The Deferred Compensation Advisory Committee shall be appointed by the Public Employees Retirement Board, consisting of seven members with knowledge of deferred compensation plans.
(2) At the direction of the board, the committee shall advise the Public Employees Retirement Board on policies and procedures and such other matters as the board may request.
(3) The term of office of each member is three years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the board. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the board shall appoint a successor whose term begins on July 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the board shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(4) A member of the Deferred Compensation Advisory Committee is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495.
(5) The Deferred Compensation Advisory Committee shall select one of its members as chairperson and another as vice chairperson, for such terms and with duties and powers necessary for the performance of the functions of such offices as the committee determines.
(6) A majority of the members of the committee constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(7) The Deferred Compensation Advisory Committee may meet at a place, day and hour determined by the committee. The committee also may meet at other times and places specified by the call of the chairperson or of a majority of the members of the committee. [1991 c.618 §10; 1997 c.179 §19; 1999 c.406 §1]
(Payment of Deferred Compensation to Alternate Payee)Section: Previous 243.474 243.476 243.478 243.480 243.482 243.490 243.495 243.505 243.507 243.510 243.520 243.530 243.540 243.550 243.555 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008