As used in this chapter:
(1) “Ballot” means any material on which votes may be cast for candidates or measures.
(2) “County clerk” means the county clerk or the county official in charge of elections.
(3) “County governing body” means the county court sitting for the transaction of county business or the board of county commissioners.
(4) “Election” means any election held within this state.
(5) “Elector” means an individual qualified to vote under section 2, Article II, Oregon Constitution.
(6) “Governing body” means the governing body of any subdivision of the state.
(7) “Local elections official” means any person who is:
(a) An official of any election precinct or special district or public corporation organized for public purposes; and
(b) Authorized or required by law to perform functions in connection with elections held in the election precinct or special district or public corporation organized for public purposes.
(8) “Measure” includes any of the following submitted to the people for their approval or rejection at an election:
(a) A proposed law.
(b) An Act or part of an Act of the Legislative Assembly.
(c) A revision of or amendment to the Oregon Constitution.
(d) Local, special or municipal legislation.
(e) A proposition or question.
(9) “Precinct” means any election precinct.
(10) “Vote tally system” means one or more pieces of equipment necessary to examine and tally automatically the marked ballots.
(11) “Voting machine” means any device that will record every vote cast on candidates and measures and that will either internally or externally total all votes cast on that device. [1979 c.190 §1; 1983 c.392 §2; 2005 c.731 §1; 2005 c.797 §64]Section: Previous 246.010 246.011 246.012 246.015 246.020 246.021 246.025 246.030 246.035 246.040 246.045 246.046 246.050 246.055 246.060 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008