(1) Any elector may request the county clerk to keep the residence address of the elector exempt from disclosure as a public record under ORS 192.410 to 192.505.
(2) The county clerk shall keep the residence address of an elector exempt from disclosure as a public record under ORS 192.410 to 192.505 if the elector making the request demonstrates to the satisfaction of the county clerk that the elector’s personal safety or the safety of any family member residing with the elector is in danger if the elector’s address remains available for public inspection.
(3) The county clerk shall automatically mail a ballot to an elector whose residence address is exempt from disclosure under this section.
(4) An exemption from disclosure granted under this section shall remain in effect until the elector requests termination of the exemption or the elector is required to update the elector’s registration. If the elector is required to update the elector’s registration, the elector may apply for another exemption from disclosure.
(5) An exemption from disclosure granted under this section includes an exemption from disclosure of the residence address of an elector under ORS 247.940 or 247.945.
(6) A county clerk shall not be held liable for:
(a) Granting or denying an exemption from disclosure under this section; or
(b) Any unauthorized release of a residence address granted an exemption from disclosure under this section. [1993 c.616 §2; 1995 c.742 §9; 1999 c.410 §21]Section: Previous 247.905 247.910 247.915 247.920 247.925 247.935 247.940 247.945 247.955 247.965 247.967 247.971 247.973 247.990 247.991 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008