(1) Subject to subsection (2) of this section, an individualís signature submitted under this chapter for purposes of registering to vote is subject to inspection as a public record under ORS 192.410 to 192.505. The signature may be inspected in the office of the county clerk.
(2) A person may not make a copy of or provide to another person a copy of an individualís signature submitted under this chapter for purposes of registering to vote.
(3) Subsection (2) of this section does not apply to copies made by any elections official acting in an official capacity for purposes of administering the provisions of ORS chapters 246 to 260 or any rules adopted thereunder.
(4) Identifying information or documents submitted by an individual for purposes of registering to vote as required under the Help America Vote Act of 2002 (P.L. 107-252) are exempt from disclosure under ORS 192.410 to 192.505.
(5) Identifying information relating to a disability of an elector that is entered into official voter registration records by an elections official is exempt from disclosure under ORS 192.410 to 192.505. [1999 c.824 §4; 2003 c.803 §15; 2007 c.156 §1]Section: Previous 247.905 247.910 247.915 247.920 247.925 247.935 247.940 247.945 247.955 247.965 247.967 247.971 247.973 247.990 247.991 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008