(1) A district may assess, levy and collect taxes each year on the assessed value of all taxable property within the limits of the district or the service area of the district. The proceeds of the tax shall be applied in carrying out the purposes of ORS 267.010 to 267.390.
(2) The district may annually also assess, levy and collect a tax without limitation upon all such property in an amount sufficient to pay the yearly interest on bonds theretofore issued by the district and then outstanding, together with any portion of the principal of the bonds maturing within the year. The tax shall be applied only in payment of interest and principal of bonds issued by the district, but the district may apply any funds it may have toward payment of principal and interest of bonds.
(3) Any taxes needed shall be levied in each year and returned to the county officer, whose duty it is to extend the tax roll, by the time required by law for city taxes to be levied and returned.
(4) All taxes levied by a district shall become payable at the same time and be collected by the same officer who collects county taxes, and shall be turned over to the district according to law. The county officer whose duty it is to extend the county levy shall extend the levy of the district in the same manner as city taxes are extended.
(5) Property shall be subject to sale for nonpayment of taxes levied by a district in like manner and with like effect as in the case of county and state taxes. [1969 c.643 §25; 1981 c.804 §77]Section: Previous 267.255 267.257 267.260 267.263 267.265 267.300 267.302 267.305 267.310 267.320 267.325 267.330 267.334 267.335 267.340 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008