Oregon Statutes - Chapter 271 - Use and Disposition of Public Lands Generally; Easements - Section 271.230 - Records of vacations; fees.

(1) If any town or plat of any city or town is vacated by a county court or municipal authority of any city or town, the vacation order or ordinance shall be recorded in the deed records of the county. Whenever a vacation order or ordinance is so recorded, the county surveyor of such county shall, upon a copy of the plat that is certified by the county clerk, trace or shade with permanent ink in such manner as to denote that portion so vacated, and shall make the notation “Vacated” upon such copy of the plat, giving the book and page of the deed record in which the order or ordinance is recorded. Corrections or changes shall not be allowed on the original plat once it is recorded with the county clerk.

(2) For recording in the county deed records, the county clerk shall collect the same fee as for recording a deed. For the services of the county surveyor for marking the record upon the copy of the plat, the county clerk shall collect a fee as set by ordinance of the county governing body to be paid by the county clerk to the county surveyor. [Amended by 1971 c.621 §31; 1975 c.607 §31; 1977 c.488 §2; 1979 c.833 §30; 1999 c.710 §12; 2001 c.173 §5]

Section:  Previous  271.160  271.170  271.180  271.190  271.200  271.210  271.220  271.230  271.300  271.310  271.320  271.330  271.335  271.340  271.350  Next

Last modified: August 7, 2008