The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall direct and manage all risk management and insurance programs of state government except for employee benefit insurance programs as otherwise provided in ORS chapter 243. Authority granted the department in this section includes but is not limited to the following authority:
(1) To provide all insurance coverages including coverage of related legal expenses required by law, requisitioned by individual agencies, or which the department determines necessary or desirable for the efficient operation of state government, including but not limited to casualty insurance, property insurance, workers’ compensation insurance and surety insurance.
(2) To purchase insurance policies, develop and administer self-insurance programs, or any combinations thereof, as may be in the best interest of the state in carrying out the authorities granted in subsection (1) of this section.
(3) To consolidate and combine state insurance coverages.
(4) To purchase such risk management, actuarial and other professional services as may be required.
(5) To provide technical services in risk management and insurance to state agencies.
(6) To adopt rules and policies governing the administration of the state’s insurance and risk management activities and to carry into full force and effect the provisions of this chapter, ORS 30.260 to 30.290, 278.322 and 655.505 to 655.555. The department, by rule or policy, may determine the Insurance Fund’s contribution to the cost of defense, settlements and judgments in actions or proceedings. The department may condition payment of all or part of any loss covered by the Insurance Fund on compliance with the rules and policies adopted under this chapter. [1985 c.731 §2; 1991 c.566 §6]Section: Previous 278.145 278.150 278.200 278.205 278.210 278.215 278.305 278.315 278.320 278.322 278.405 278.415 278.425 278.435 278.990 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008