(1) The Governor shall establish the Economic Revitalization Team in the office of the Governor for the purpose of coordinating and streamlining state policies, programs and procedures and providing coordinated state agency assistance to local governments.
(2) The team shall establish a regulatory efficiency group to assist the team consisting of the directors of the following state agencies:
(a) The Department of Environmental Quality;
(b) The Economic and Community Development Department;
(c) The Department of Transportation;
(d) The Department of State Lands;
(e) The Department of Land Conservation and Development;
(f) The State Department of Agriculture;
(g) The Housing and Community Services Department; and
(h) Other appropriate agencies as determined by the Governor.
(3) Subject to the direction of the Governor, the team shall:
(a) Develop mechanisms to increase coordination among agencies on common activities;
(b) Coordinate the activities of state agencies on specific state and local projects;
(c) Coordinate the planning and permitting activities of state agencies for the sites identified for industrial or traded sector development under section 12, chapter 800, Oregon Laws 2003;
(d) Coordinate activities of the regulatory efficiency group agencies with local governments;
(e) Coordinate the grant and loan activities of state agencies to implement section 12, chapter 800, Oregon Laws 2003;
(f) Participate in the rulemaking activities of regulatory efficiency group agencies to coordinate economic development activities;
(g) Prepare a report for the Seventy-second Legislative Assembly on the sites identified for industrial or traded sector development under section 12, chapter 800, Oregon Laws 2003, including a description of each site and the economic benefit expected from site development. If fewer than 25 sites are identified, the report must include an analysis of why the target set forth in section 12, chapter 800, Oregon Laws 2003, was not achieved;
(h) Prepare a report for the Seventy-second Legislative Assembly with specific recommendations regarding the future of the team; and
(i) Undertake other activities as directed by the Governor.
(4) The team shall establish an advisory committee of individuals familiar with agency permit procedures to advise the Governor and the regulatory efficiency group agencies on permit issues related to economic development.
(5) The team shall submit a report detailing its activities to the Legislative Assembly in the manner described in ORS 192.245 not later than January 31 of each odd-numbered year. The report must include:
(a) Case studies that demonstrate the types of problems encountered in coordinating agency functions;
(b) Case studies that demonstrate statutory impediments to efficient economic development; and
(c) Recommendations for legislative measures to improve agency operations and statewide economic development.
(6) The team or a state agency working with the team to implement ORS 284.545 to 284.565 and sections 12 and 15 to 20, chapter 800, Oregon Laws 2003, or a state agency implementing ORS 284.570 to 284.585 may:
(a) Accept and expend funds received from gifts, grants or other sources as necessary to perform activities authorized under ORS 284.545 to 284.565 and sections 12 and 15 to 20, chapter 800, Oregon Laws 2003, or ORS 284.570 to 284.585.
(b) Enter into contracts and other agreements as necessary to perform activities authorized under ORS 284.545 to 284.565 and sections 12 and 15 to 20, chapter 800, Oregon Laws 2003, or ORS 284.570 to 284.585. [2003 c.800 §13]Section: Previous 284.510 284.520 284.530 284.535 284.540 284.545 284.550 284.555 284.560 284.565 284.570 284.575 284.577 284.580 284.585 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008