In furtherance of the state economic development strategy developed under ORS 284.570, the Land Conservation and Development Commission shall:
(1) Provide local governments with basic and advanced methods for identifying, analyzing and providing for industrial, commercial and retail development sites.
(2) Develop and provide guidebooks and other appropriate materials to assist local governments in identifying and analyzing potential industrial, commercial and retail development sites.
(3) Provide local governments with technical assistance to assist in completing the identification and analysis and in amending comprehensive plans and land use regulations based on the identification and analysis.
(4) Provide grants to local governments in a manner that furthers the implementation of the state economic development strategy.
(5) Adopt, amend or repeal administrative rules and procedures as necessary to ensure that the following actions can be accomplished in a timely manner:
(a) Expansion of urban growth boundaries where necessary to accommodate industrial or traded sector development;
(b) Review of amendments to comprehensive plans and land use regulations and periodic review of comprehensive plans and land use regulations; and
(c) Focus the resources of the Department of Land Conservation and Development on issues related to land supply within urban growth boundaries and transportation and public facilities necessary to stimulate economic growth. [2003 c.800 §26]Section: Previous 284.545 284.550 284.555 284.560 284.565 284.570 284.575 284.577 284.580 284.585 284.600 284.604 284.608 284.610 284.612 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008