(1) There is established in the Economic and Community Development Department the Oregon Coalition Brownfields Cleanup Program.
(2) The department may make grants, loans and expenditures from the Oregon Coalition Brownfields Cleanup Fund to provide financial or other assistance to public and private owners of eligible brownfield properties for the purpose of cleaning up the properties.
(3) An eligible owner of a brownfield property may borrow moneys from the fund by entering into a loan agreement with the department in accordance with rules adopted by the department.
(4) The owner of a publicly owned brownfield property may enter into a loan agreement with the department notwithstanding any restrictions on indebtedness in the charter or bylaws of the public body or any other provision of law.
(5) The department may adopt rules necessary to carry out the provisions of this section and ORS 285A.192. The rules shall include, but are not limited to, requirements for eligibility for financial assistance or other assistance from the program, good and sufficient collateral required to secure loans from the fund and the complete or partial waiver of interest on short-term loans made from the fund.
(6) As used in this section:
(a) “Brownfield” has the meaning given that term in ORS 285A.185.
(b) “Other assistance” includes, but is not limited to, direct purchase of goods or services related to brownfields cleanup by the department.
(c) “Public body” has the meaning given that term in ORS 174.109. [2005 c.81 §3]
Note: 285A.190 and 285A.192 were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 285A or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.Section: Previous 285A.165 285A.168 285A.170 285A.171 285A.174 285A.185 285A.188 285A.190 285A.192 285A.200 285A.203 285A.206 285A.209 285A.212 285A.213 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008