(1) A capital construction program containing estimated capital construction needs, irrespective of how financed, must be included with the budget report required by ORS 291.216. The capital construction program must contain the estimated physical construction requirements for each biennium of a period to be determined by the Governor, which period may not be less than six years. The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall assist the Governor in the preparation of the capital construction program.
(2) In accordance with regulations prescribed by the department, state agencies shall submit to the department their anticipated capital construction requirements for the period specified by the Governor. The department shall prescribe the basic assumptions relating to population changes, economic trends and other factors which might generally affect capital construction requirements and these basic assumptions must be used by the state agencies in preparing their anticipated capital construction requirements. Each state agency is responsible for the basic assumptions that affect only its own program. The department shall prepare estimated capital construction requirements for necessary capital construction not covered by the capital construction requirements submitted by the state agencies under this section.
(3) In accordance with regulations prescribed by the department, each state agency shall separately submit its estimated office space requirements for the period specified by the Governor, and the department shall consolidate those needs and make an estimate for all state office buildings to be included in the capital construction program.
(4) The Governor shall consolidate the estimates, review the estimates and make revisions the Governor finds warranted.
(5) The budget report must include the proposed expenditures for the capital construction program for the ensuing biennium and the proposed expenditures for preliminary planning of the construction projects included in the capital construction program for the biennium following the ensuing biennium. The budget report also must include dollar estimates of the cost of the capital construction projects included in the capital construction program for the succeeding years of the period determined by the Governor under subsection (1) of this section.
(6) As used in this section, “capital construction program” does not include:
(a) The acquisition, repair, improvement, enlargement, construction or maintenance of highways and highway bridges by the Department of Transportation;
(b) Park improvements by the State Parks and Recreation Department; or
(c) Road infrastructure work performed under timber sale contracts entered into by the State Forester. [1959 c.500 §1; 1973 c.129 §5; 1989 c.904 §30; 1997 c.285 §4; 2003 c.796 §§15,16; 2005 c.217 §24]Section: Previous 291.212 291.214 291.216 291.218 291.220 291.222 291.223 291.224 291.226 291.228 291.230 291.232 291.234 291.236 291.238 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008