(1) The Mass Transit Assistance Account is established in the General Fund of the State Treasury. The account shall consist of moneys deposited in the account under ORS 291.405 and as otherwise provided by law. The moneys in the account are continuously appropriated to the Oregon Department of Administrative Services to be used as provided in this section.
(2) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall distribute moneys from the account established under this section to districts described in ORS 291.405 on the last day of each calendar quarter. Subject to the limitations in this section, the amount distributed to each district shall be equal to the total assessments received by the department during the immediate preceding three months under ORS 291.405 from agencies with employees performing subject services within that district.
(3) Distributions under this section are subject to the following limitations:
(a) Except for newly formed districts, the Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall not distribute to a district during a calendar year an amount that exceeds the amount received by the district under the districtís own taxes during the immediate preceding fiscal year of the district.
(b) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall not distribute to a newly formed district during a calendar year an amount that exceeds the amount the budget approved by the district board proposes as revenue for the district from the districtís own taxes during the current fiscal year of the district. If the district does not collect the proposed amount, the department shall make adjustments in the distributions during subsequent years to recover any amount paid under this section that is over the amount the district actually received under the districtís own taxes.
(4) The limitations imposed under this section that are based on amounts received by a district under its own taxes do not include amounts received by the district from farebox revenues, federal moneys, state moneys, gifts, investments, bonds or similar moneys received by the district.
(5) The Department of Transportation shall provide the Oregon Department of Administrative Services with any information concerning a mass transit district or transportation district that the Oregon Department of Administrative Services determines necessary for the performance of its duties under this section and ORS 291.405. The Department of Transportation shall provide the information in the form and at times determined by the Oregon Department of Administrative Services.
(6) In exchange for payments authorized under this section to transit districts, the State of Oregon and its agencies shall be exempt from any parking code requirements for existing state-owned buildings, construction of new state buildings or the renovation of existing state buildings, which have been or may be established by any political subdivision within the boundaries of a transit district receiving such payments. [1981 c.788 §2]
Note: See note under 291.405.Section: Previous 291.378 291.380 291.385 291.402 291.404 291.405 291.406 291.407 291.408 291.410 291.432 291.434 291.436 291.438 291.440 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008