(1) The granting authority shall immediately notify the county assessor and the applicant of its approval or disapproval which shall in no event be later than April 1 of the year following the year of receipt of said application. An application not denied by April 1 shall be deemed approved, and shall be considered to be land which qualifies under ORS 308A.300 to 308A.330.
(2) When the granting authority determines that land qualifies under ORS 308A.300 to 308A.330, it shall enter on record its order of approval and file a copy of the order with the county assessor within 10 days. The order shall state the open space use upon which approval was based. The county assessor shall, as to any such land, assess on the basis provided in ORS 308A.315, and each year the land is classified shall also enter on the assessment roll, as a notation, the assessed value of such land were it not so classified.
(3) Each year the assessor shall include in the certificate made under ORS 311.105 a notation of the amount of additional taxes which would be due if the land were not so classified.
(4) The additional taxes noted under subsection (3) of this section shall be deemed assessed and imposed in the year to which the additional taxes relate.
(5) On approval of an application filed under ORS 308A.306, for each year of classification the assessor shall indicate on the tax roll that the property is being specially assessed as open space land and is subject to potential additional taxes as provided by ORS 308A.318, by adding the notation “open space land (potential add’l tax)”.
(6) Any owner whose application for classification has been denied may appeal to the circuit court in the county where the land is located, or if located in more than one county, in that county in which the major portion is located. [Formerly 308.760]Section: Previous 308A.253 308A.256 308A.259 308A.300 308A.303 308A.306 308A.309 308A.312 308A.315 308A.318 308A.321 308A.324 308A.327 308A.330 308A.350 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008