(1) A person who transacts business in the State of Oregon and who pays wages, salary, bonuses or other taxable income to a member of a professional athletic team, in lieu of the withholding requirements under ORS 316.167, shall withhold eight percent of the income as provided in this section and by rule of the Department of Revenue.
(2) The person withholding amounts under this section shall pay the amounts withheld to the Department of Revenue at the time and in the manner prescribed by the department by rule.
(3) If the member of a professional athletic team is a resident of the State of Oregon, all compensation paid to the member, whether or not attributable to duty days, is subject to withholding under this section.
(4) If the member of a professional athletic team is not a resident of the State of Oregon, a portion of the compensation paid to the member is subject to withholding under this section. The portion subject to withholding is that portion of compensation received for the tax year that bears the same ratio to total compensation received for the tax year as the number of duty days within this state bears to the total number of duty days spent both within and outside this state during the tax year.
(5) Notwithstanding the description of the portion of compensation subject to withholding in subsection (4) of this section, the Department of Revenue may provide by rule alternative methodologies for determining the portion of compensation subject to withholding under this section that the department determines to be fair and equitable. [2003 c.808 §7]Section: Previous 316.202 316.205 316.207 316.209 316.210 316.212 316.213 316.214 316.215 316.216 316.217 316.218 316.219 316.220 316.221 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008